Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gil Scott Heron on Hard Talk

Godfather of Hiphop Gil-Scott Heron Interviewed

Add to My Profile | More Videos


RIP GIL SCOTT HERON

"Hard Talk" cos it tests the tenacity of the person being interviewed. Plus it challenges their integrity, putting them on the spot and putting questions to them that I'd want ask, although this lady struggles with Gil cos he's a strong force to reckon with.

Gil Scott-Heron has been a huge influence in my life. He's the spokesperson for the spirit in me that finds it hard to express my frustration sometimes. Poet or no poet that i be. Ok so he's had his fair share of BS in his life and most probably dished out some but the point is when someone has a sense of articulation when it comes to lyrical word play and social documentary that is precise, eloquent and pulls no punches, then for a moment, you got to listen.
Respect where respect is due.

No comments: